P1 Mrs Davenport 22.5.20

Good morning P1!

I am so happy to be back to share your Friday learning activities with you! Mrs Docherty told me how much she enjoyed sharing your learning with you this week.

UPDATE: If you have time could you fill out the form below. Parents: please type what your child says in their own words. Thank you.

This week we will continue to use our growth mindset as we self-assess our activities for this week.

10 Ways to Teach Kids to Have a Growth Mindset - One Time Through

This video will explain the positive effects of a growth mindset:

I tried to spell the words at the end of the ‘wh power point presentation’. Have a look at how I got on; did I spell all the words correctly?

whel

whip

wiz

wen

whihc

where

What questions did you think of to ask some characters in the Gruffalo? I picked 2 questions for the mouse and 2 for the Gruffalo.

Did I use the question mark correctly at the end of my questions?

Gruffalo Mouse
Have you hurt yourself with the spikes on your back? What animal were you scared of the most.
Can you see in the dark with your orange eyes? Would you like scrambled snake or owl ice cream the best?

This week you had to find half of 4, 6, 8 and 10.

Have a look at the towers I made to find half. Can you check to see if you got these problems correct?

Number Talks

How did you get on with your number talks this week? How did you see the 10 frame? I counted in 2’s, 2, 4, 6, 8 and then I saw that there were 2 missing and I know that if a 10 frame is full there would be 10 spots, so I wrote a number story 10 – 2 = 8

For the rekenrek I looked at the 2 different colours, I saw that there were 5 red and 2 white so I wrote an addition story 5 + 2 = 7. Did you do this a different way from me?

My 2 dogs said thank you for helping them sort out their dog biscuits fairly!

Outdoor Learning

How did you do with your Gruffalo hunt? I didn’t manage to find a Gruffalo but I did use my senses to spot some other things. Here is what I found. Have I matched up my findings to the correct senses?

I hope you have a lovely weekend. Mrs Docherty will be back on our blog on Monday and Tuesday so I look forward to catching up with you all again on Wednesday!

Mrs Davenport

2 thoughts on “P1 Mrs Davenport 22.5.20”

1. Oops Mrs Davenport! Amelie thinks that you missed an e from wheel and an h from wiz and when. C comes before the h in which too 🙊
    Her and james enjoyed the class dojo mindset clip, so much so that they are watching the rest of the episodes in the set!

2. Silly me, Amelie!

Thank you for helping me fix my mistakes. Mistakes are very important because they help to teach us something new. I will try my best to remember the difference between w and wh.

Mrs Davenport