Mrs Docherty HWB: Positive Song for the Week 19.5.20

Good morning everyone. I hope you have all had a lovely long weekend. Over the weekend I stopped for a while and just sat and listened to what was all around me. As I listened I could hear so many wonderful sounds of nature. The birds could be heard singing their songs, more loudly than I have ever heard them, and all around life seemed still and quiet.

As I sat, it brought back a song that I feel sums up exactly what we can see and hear in these uncertain times. As we all wait for lockdown to be lifted and we take time in what is normally our very busy lives we can all appreciate what is important and what is special about life. The words of the song What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong sum it all up.

I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom, for me and you
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

I see skies of blue, and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, dark sacred night
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world

It is a beautiful and uplifting song that really made me sit back and appreciate what life is and what it means. It means friendship, love and all of the beauty around us. Please listen to the song and know that while the world might look different just now it will emerge even brighter and we will return again to St Ninian’s grateful for what we have come through as a team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-T6aaRV9HY

Have a great week,

Mrs Docherty

2 thoughts on “Mrs Docherty HWB: Positive Song for the Week 19.5.20”

1. I love this song! One day we will sit in the park with friends and think back to these days when our world was closed off to us. That day will come eventually, and when it does we will be able to truly appreciate the value of our world and the people we share it with 💚💛

1. Good morning to the Taylor family,

I love it too and I think you have absolutley summarised its powerful message in your reply so thank you so very much.
      Today is definitely a day to appreciate our world. Enjoy the sunshine.
      Mrs Docherty