Mrs Docherty’s Positive Song for the Week: Somewhere Over the Rainbow 11.5.20

Good morning and welcome back to the start of another week. I hope you have all had a lovely weekend and have continued to make memories along the way. I love to start our week with a positive song and today is no different. One of my all-time favourite films is The Wizard of Oz and with it, its iconic song Somewhere Over the Rainbow.

In the film the characters have to show courage and determination as they embark on a journey like no other. This is very reflective of what we are all doing with life at the moment. We are all on a journey like no other and what is important to get through it is bravery, determination, friendship, support and love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_XNczdUEoc

The lyrics of the song are reflective of what we are thinking and feeling every day as we wish for the brighter days ahead when we can all be together again. As we go into this week let’s think of the lyrics from the song and stay positive looking forward to another week of exciting learning and support of each other.

Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high
There’s a land that I’ve heard of once in a lullaby.
Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream,
Really do come true.

The lyrics provide us with hope and knowledge that as each day goes by we will be getting closer to being together again and starting our new journey after the storm.

Have a great week everyone, take care and stay safe,

Mrs Docherty