P1 Mrs Currie Daily Update Friday 24.04.20

Today is about self-assessing; how have you got on with your learning this week?

We are using ‘thumbs up’ strategy to assess our learning. Some of the tasks you have completed you will be thinking if you can:

How did you get on with writing the ‘j’ sound? Which ‘thumb’ would you show for writing this sound? Are you remembering to get the tail under the line? If you practised writing this sound in your jotter draw a coloured circle which responds to the thumb on your page to show how you felt you got on with this task.

We will be using tickled pink and green for growth for self-assessing your work. Let’s begin with your writing task this week.

I made some mistakes on my story which was posted on the daily blog post on Wednesday? Did you spot my mistakes?

A little green alien wif a fluffy tail went on A rocket.

2 mistakes – wif spelt wrong = with. Capital letter in middle of sentence A = a.

the rocket was fast and took the alien to the beach.

1 mistake – Capital letter is missing at beginning of the sentence. the = The

At the beach thi alien went in the sea for a swim

2 mistakes – Sight word spelt wrong. thi = the. Missing full stop swim = swim.

i love the beach”, said the alien, hee didn’t want to go back to the moon.

2 mistakes – Missing capital letter i = I. Sight word spelt wrong. hee = he.

Did you manage to include all of the success criteria in your writing this week? I have included the success criteria below for you to check.

Leave a finger space between words.

Spells sight words correctly.

Use capital letters and full stops. Use awareness of sounds to sound out unfamiliar words.

Get a pink pen/crayon/pencil and draw a circle around 1 or 2 examples of each part of the success criteria you achieved in your writing. Using a green pen/crayon/pencil have you missed out any parts of the success criteria? Ask an adult to help you check that you wrote all your sounds correct way (no reversals) and formed letters such as y, g, f, j (letters where the tails comes under the line) correctly. Mark these with a green pen if not and write each 3 times to practise forming these letters correctly.

Numeracy/Maths

I have attached links for you to self-assess your missing numbers worksheets for numbers to 20; numbers beyond 20 and for counting in 10’s.

Counting in 10’s Self Assessment

Missing Numbers Worksheet Week 3 Self Assessment

Health and Wellbeing

Did you draw a picture for one of your friends that you are missing at school? I am missing you all. The St. Ninian’s team made a special picture to show you all how much we are all missing you!

Have a lovely weekend, and remember to check back in on Monday morning to the blog to see your new learning grid that will have a wide range of activities for you to choose from to extend and support your learning at home.

Mrs Currie

One thought on “P1 Mrs Currie Daily Update Friday 24.04.20”