P1 Mrs Currie Daily Post 22.04.20

Good morning,

Another day of fun and learning lies ahead. What will you do today?  Yesterday early evening I was outside in my garden, even though it was very windy, planting some seeds to grow corn flowers as well as other wild flowers.  Have you ever planted some seeds.  I’ll keep you informed of their progress over the coming weeks.

Here is the link for the grid below that was posted yesterday, this just saves you from having to scroll down to find it.

Learning Grid Week 3 (1)

If you are having any difficulty with any of the home learning activities please remember to ask your question in the comments section below. We will try to answer your question as soon as we are able to.

Home Learning Grid

How are you getting on with the alien story? I finished my story yesterday but I think I made a few mistakes again. Can you spot them?

A little green alien wif a fluffy tail went on A rocket. (2 mistakes)

the rocket was fast and took the alien to the beach. (1 mistake)

At the beach thi alien went in the sea for a swim (2 mistakes)

“i love the beach”, said the alien, hee didn’t want to go back to the moon. (2 mistakes)

On a device find the ‘phonics bloom website’. At the top of the page select the button ‘phonics games’.

I would suggest picking phase 2.

When you are playing games you may wish to select phase 1 if some sounds are too tricky or select phase 3 if you need more of a challenge.

There are lots of different free phonics games for you to play – I think that the game ‘match cards’ is a great game too. It will develop your reading skills. The link below will take you straight to the ‘match cards’ game.

https://www.phonicsbloom.com/uk/game/match-cards?phase=2

Watch the videos below to practise counting in 10’s:

Have a go at counting in 10’s at home. I have attached a counting in 10’s worksheet below for you to have a go at too. Be careful because some of the counting sequences go from smallest to largest and others largest to smallest.

Counting in 10’s

Good luck!

Mrs Currie

2 thoughts on “P1 Mrs Currie Daily Post 22.04.20”

1. Thank you Mrs Currie! We worked on the grid tasks yesterday and have more planned today. Lucy spotted your spelling mistakes straightaway and we worked together to spot the missing/extra capital letters. Lucy is trying really hard not to use capital letters in the middle of her sentences! We are going to play the phonics games just now then watch the YouTube videos! Orla and Lucy completed yesterdays DRAW WITH ROB challenge on youtube which they loved! We hope you are well and Lucy misses you very much!

2. I am so proud of all the work you are doing Lucy. Well done for spotting the spelling mistakes, you could be a teacher in the making! It is a little chilly today but I hope you can manage again to take some learning outdoors today too. Keep in touch.