Supporting you to support each other 21.4.20

As I spent my Easter holidays in very different times this year I came across lots of great advice and support for us all in such times of unknown and times of real change. A great piece of writing I came across was in the Glasgow Times which provided super ideas and advice on how to support yourself and others during Lockdown. I thought it would be good to share some of these ideas with you this week as part of our Health and Wellbeing weekly posts over the next two weeks.

The ideas shared range from special breathing exercises to ways of talking about feelings. I’ll share 4 of the strategies and supports the Glasgow Times discussed today.

INFORM

Provide clear, age appropriate information and reassure. Be led by what your child talks about. Talking will help reduce anxiety.

CONNECT

Encourage talking to friends and family through technology. Connection supports positive wellbeing.

SOOTHE

Spend time doing fun and positive activities together, laugh, sing, dance, try out relaxation and breathing exercises together.

CONTROL

Focus on what you and your child can do like handwashing, eating well, exercise, learning a new skill.

Some great advice and know that we are also hear to support you in these times and to stay connected to you and yours. Tomorrow we will look at further advice that was shared in the post which supports Acknowledgement and recognising feelings.

Have a great day in the lovely sunshine everyone and keep making memories.

Mrs Docherty