P2 Mrs Currie Daily Update 21.04.20

Good morning everyone! I hope yesterday went well for your learning. I have included the learning grid again for you here.

Learning Grid Week 3

Fortune Teller

Spelling Activity Suggestions

Here are some additional and support activities to extend your grid learning.

Home Learning Grid

How are you getting on with Number Talks? Can you name  any of the strategies you have used to work them out? Here are some ideas:

• Counting in ones
  • Five wise (seeing a pattern of five) and counting on
  • Counting in twos

Here is a link you can use to create your own Number Talks dice pattern challenge:

https://mathsbot.com/manipulatives/dice

If you are having any difficulty with any of the home learning activities please remember to ask your question in the comments section below. We will try to answer your question as soon as we are able to.

This is our first week back after Easter. I loved the treasure hunt challenge from one of our previous blog posts.

Try and find something in your house that begins with each of the letters in Easter, such as eggs, armchair etc.

You could take a picture of your objects and send to the school email account or draw pictures and label them in your jotter.

I have set up a Sumdog Challenge for all of you. It focuses on number words up to 20, such as two, fourteen etc. It is open for you to complete from today and closes at 3pm on Thursday.

Your log in details are in your home learning bags and your jotters that you received before the school closed. You have until Friday to complete it. Good luck!

Mrs Currie

One thought on “P2 Mrs Currie Daily Update 21.04.20”

1. I hope everyone has had a good day and managed to get something completed from the grid today as well as spending time outside (it has been quite windy today!) or inside playing. Remember to log back in tomorrow to get some more helpful hints or activities from my daily blog post. Don’t forget you can always use the comment section to say hello. Have a nice evening.
    Mrs Currie