P2 Mrs Currie Daily Update 02.04.20

Good morning everyone, a little bit of a wet start to the day but hopefully it will brighten  up as the day goes.

If it does get sunny this afternoon why not try some shadow drawing,

You can do this outside or if it is too windy or a little wet you can use the sun streaming in a window in the house to create the shadows on the paper.  Try using different types of toys to make the shadow then draw around them, afterwards you can decorate and colour your drawing.

Remember if you are having any difficulty with any of the home learning activities please remember to ask your question in the comments section below. I will try to answer your question as soon as we are able to.

Home Learning Grid

How are you getting on with your work on Global Goals? I would love to see or hear about the pictures of your ideal schools that you have created.  When I was in the Hub on Monday one of the tasks we did was to draw our ideal bedrooms; my room had a bed with the slide coming from it, it also had lots of storage underneath the bed for my high heel shoes!  My room also had a chocolate fountain in it!  What will your ideal classroom have in it?

Last week we changed season and now it is Spring. Your challenge today is to go on a treasure hunt in your house! Try and find something in your house that begins with each of the letters in Spring, such as sugar, pepper etc.

You could take a picture of your objects and send to the school email account or draw pictures and label them in your jotter.

We are using the skill of making arrays today.

Making arrays can help us to work out multiplication problems. Watch the video on the link below that will remind you how to make arrays:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zqbg87h/articles/z3tvcj6

Below the video are two different challenges you can try using a device.

Have a lovely day

Mrs Currie

One thought on “P2 Mrs Currie Daily Update 02.04.20”

1. Did anyone manage to get enough sun to try out the shadow drawing today? I never managed it but I have checked the weather forecast and I think the weather has to improve again so you can always try this out on another day. Well done everyone. I will be back on the blog tomorrow morning if anyone has questions or wants to say hello.