P2 Daily Update 31.03.20

Home Learning Grid

Good morning, P2! How are you getting on with your RE task? Have you learned something new about the Feast of Annunciation?

Here are the links to weekly activities posted yesterday:

Learning Grid Week 2

Colour by Number multiplying by 2 and 5

If you are having any difficulty with any of the home learning activities please remember to ask your question in the comments section below. We will try to answer your question as soon as we are able to.

Let’s look more at spelling. Ck or k.  Watch this youtube video explanation about when to use ck or k.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTmXI3cjCUA

In the video it talks about weak vowels that need protecting so these need ck, we usually describe the vowel as saying its short sound (like e in bed) and if there are two vowels together which do not need protecting they are making the long sound (like ee in sheep).

Are there any words that are not on the lists that you can think of that end with the k sound, can you work out if they need just k or ck.

I have set up a Sumdog Challenge for all of you. It focuses on the 2 and 10 times tables. It is open for you to complete from today. Your log in details are in your home learning bags and your jotters that you received before the school closed. You have until Friday to complete it. Good luck!

Here is a reminder of the times tables that you can use to help you to practise them:

4 thoughts on “P2 Daily Update 31.03.20”

1. Hi,

I’m very well, thanks. I miss our class a lot.
      Your fact file is fantastic! I love your facts and the video was great to watch.
      Thanks for sharing.

Miss Lydon 🙂

1. The CK/K video clip was helpful thanks. Think we’ll watch it few more times to help their understanding as found CK/K a bit tricky.

Thanks so much for setting up the challenges. This definitely motivated the boys to use sumdog and answer the questions from you. They have been reluctant to use sumdog so far so this was great.

1. It is a tricky spelling focus this week!

I’m glad you like the Sumdog challenge. I have one in mind for the first week back after Easter too. I could also set one up for during the holidays just in case anyone wants a holiday challenge. 🙂