P1 Mrs Currie Daily Post 31.03.20

Good morning everyone,

I hope you have had a good first day with the new home learning grid. My family and I are making a rocket ship today, what activities will you do today?  I’ve given you the attachment for the weekly grid again to make it easy for you to access.

P1 Week 2 Weekly Learning Grid

P1 Reading Activities Week 2

If you are having any difficulty with any of the home learning activities please remember to ask your question in the comments section below. We will try to answer your question as soon as we are able to.

Home Learning Grid

How are you getting on with learning the ‘y’ sound? Have you been practising writing this sound? Make sure you keep the tummy on the line and the tail underneath when writing this sound. It should be like a ‘u’ to begin with and include smooth curved lines, not pointy lines. This image shows you start and end points to help.

Logon to the website Phonics Play using the login below:

Phonics Play – Username – march20

Password – home

The website will give you free access without needing to subscribe. Click on phase 2. Try the games ‘tricky words truck’ or ‘flashcard speed trial’.

Note for Parents – if your child says the correct word or sound click correct if not click incorrect. I recommend to select ‘pick individual graphemes (sounds)’ or ‘pick individual tricky words’ to select which sounds or words appear in the game.

To support your learning of skip counting in 2s and to get active try this link called The Dancing Twos.  It’s a good way to learn how to count in 2s and to keep active at the same time!

I have included two attachments of sheets that you can complete (print them out if you can OR get someone to copy them into your jotter for you OR just tell someone at home what numbers are missing on the snake or caterpillar.

Snake counting in twos 

Caterpillar counting in twos

Enjoy and good luck!

Mrs Currie

One thought on “P1 Mrs Currie Daily Post 31.03.20”

1. Good afternoon everyone, I hope you have had a fun packed day with lots of playing and trying out some of the weekly grid activities. Mrs Currie is logging off for the day now but remember to check back into the blog tomorrow morning for some new fun ideas and activities that can extend your weekly grid learning.
    Look out for a Sumdog challenge on measure that is coming this week!
    Have a relaxing evening.
    Mrs Currie