P3 Weekly News

Teacher News:

We have had a great week learning all about The Vikings. We have been learning about where they came from, what they ate, how they travelled and where they lived. We even did maths using Viking Fractions. We worked out the fraction using the sail of their Longship. The children are confident with reconsigning the numerator and denominator.

One of the favourite parts of the week was when the children created their own longboats using STEAM and collaborative learning skills. They were outstanding. Mrs Docherty was blown away by what the children created and how resourceful they were with the materials provided. We had ships made from lollipop sticks, Kapla and even Lego.

We have finished our class novel The Bolds which we have really enjoyed listening to. It was a funny novel with lots happening in it.

We have also reinforced our Spanish learning  the months of the year and had a special lesson all about St Patrick for his feast day on the 17th March.

Pupil Voice:

Cooper: I have enjoyed learning about Vikings because Victoria and I started making a longhouse out of Lego and we made oars and even the fire in the middle of the longhouse. The fire was used for heating the Viking home, giving them light and cooking.

Joshua: I enjoyed making a Viking Longship from lollipop sticks. The ships were very long and they were mostly sailing boats that sailed across the sea. But when there was no wind they used oars.

Mark: I liked making my Viking ship out of lollipop sticks. Mine has a dragon head and it also has oars for rowing. The Vikings travelled from Sweden, Denmark and Norway.

Micah: I loved making my Longboat out of Kapla as I worked with different people. It was 5 rulers long and it was 12 blocks high. I made the sail which was a picture of the longship and after that I took a picture if it and got to show Mrs Smith who even came down to see it. Even the Nursery children came down to see it!

Eve: I liked completing the Viking wordsearch as a finished task. It was quite tricky. I also liked making a card for Mrs Campbell who was our librarian. She is retiring and she has been reading us stories since P1. We wanted to say Thank You.

Milena: I liked working on my Reconciliation.

Jiya: I have enjoyed doing fractions.

We think you’ll agree lots of exciting learning has taken place this week.

Mrs Docherty and P3

2 thoughts on “P3 Weekly News”

1. Great job P3!
    As always a busy week of exciting learning and teaching. I enjoyed my time in P3 this week when we played some literacy and maths games.

1. What an amazing week P3 have had! Micah took great pride in his longboat and shared his learning very confidently with myself and Mrs Beattie! Love being involved in the children learning from the school!