P3/4 Weekly News

Teacher Voice

This has been a very busy and exciting week for P3/4 as we prepare to welcome our families on board the RMS Titanic to showcase our learning!

This week in writing we have been writing about a topic that is very relevant today. We wrote an explanation text highlighting ways to help prevent the spread of germs. This is a topic we are all very interested in and we think it’s very important to share ways to help stop the spread of germs.

We have been focusing on the reading skill ‘clarifying’ this week. This is a fantastic skill to have to help us read and understand unfamiliar words. We have been using context clues and picture clues to help us try to work out what these words might mean. We will be using dictionaries to check to see if we managed to work out the meaning using the clues.

We have been working on time this week. We have been revising how to tell the time on an analogue clock in 15 minute intervals and 5 minute intervals. We have also been converting analogue time into digital time.

We are enjoying using our numeracy blueprint boards to improve our numeracy skills during number talks.

Health and Wellbeing

The GIRFEC theme for the month of March is ‘RESPONSIBLE’. We have been discussing what being responsible means and sharing ways that we show we are responsible children.

Pupil Voice

James – “I have enjoyed practising our song for the Titanic showcase.”

Dexter – “I enjoyed learning time this week. I feel more confident with analogue time now.”

Kerr – “I am enjoying PE just now because we are playing basketball and I am very good at hooping it in the basket.”

Esmee – “I enjoyed making our book character models for homework. I made Mildred Hubble from the Worst Witch. I used paper mache to create my model.”

Kayla – ” I enjoyed doing my paper mache Mickey Mouse.”

Ephraim – “I enjoyed Maths this week converting analogue time to digital time.”

Lucy – “I liked Funky Friday this week!”

Brooke – “I liked doing the daily mile.”

Stefan “I have enjoyed preparing for the Titanic Showcase.”

Kaitlyn – “I liked Spanish this week. We learned about food in Spanish.”

Thea – “I liked writing about ways to prevent the spread of germs.”

Home Learning

Create a poster to share ways to prevent the spread of germs. Use the information you have learned in your writing.

Write down the time you do different activities at home.

e.g. I go to church at half past 9 in the morning.

Health and Wellbeing

Take on some new responsibilities at home to help your parents/grandparents.

Share your home learning on the blog post or your GLOW profile.

Have a great weekend.

Mrs W and P3/4

One thought on “P3/4 Weekly News”

1. Time is such an important skill for life to learn about. How are you enjoying your new numeracy blueprint boards? They look great, I had a wee look when they arrived.