P7 Weekly Round Up

Weekly Highlights

Literacy – For the past two weeks our writing task was to DISCUSS (present two points of view e.g. for and against) whether we think devices should be allowed in schools. It provided us with lots of things to talk about and we used our key points to make topic sentences to help us structure our paragraphs. We have also been ploughing through our class novel – Divided City. Is there anything better than spending the last 15 minutes of the day curled up with a book? 🙂

Numeracy – We were excited to welcome some teachers from across our cluster this week to observe our Number Talks session! Sometimes we struggle to articulate our strategies in number talks so we have spent the last few weeks revising our various multiplication strategies. We took it right back to basics with simple problems to help us build confidence in talking through our mental strategies. The observing teachers were very impressed with our knowledge.

HWB – I think it is worth a mention that the young people in primary 7 are the most wonderful audience for the youngest members of our school family. The P1 class came to share their writing last week and the P7 audience showed patience, kindness and respect as they interacted with the P1 pupils. Sometimes the pressure of P7 is a lot, with expectations of behaviour, learning and looking forward to the big changes ahead of us – but it was a wonderful opportunity for our P7 pupils to flourish as positive role models and supportive peers 🙂

Pupil Voice

Mirren – We used teamwork to get our house assembly finished.

Jay – I loved it when they read out my question on BBC Authors Live!

Krystian – I like it when we can use our devices to help us learn.

Daniel – I liked being part of the Fairtrade Tuck Shop

Home Learning

As we are now in the season of Lent – our home learning challenge is going to be Lent related 🙂

In Lent we think specifically about THREE areas of our faith;

PRAYER

FASTING

ALMSGIVING

As a family can you decide on one goal for each of these areas for the remainder of Lent. You might agree a special intention to pray for at mass each week? You might agree to give something up or do without something? You might agree to donate some food/clothes/toys to others in need?

You can tweet me your ideas @Mrs_Conway10

Have a wonderful weekend!

2 thoughts on “P7 Weekly Round Up”

1. Over the weekend Finlay has looked out some toys for the charity shop. He’s also donating to the food bank this week.

2. Ryan enjoyed listening to Myron’s story on Edinburgh Castle. He also enjoyed helping in the Tuck shop. Another busy week in P7.