P3 Weekly News

Learning Overview

Maths

This week we have continued our learning in multiplication by using the strategies of ‘repeated addition’ and ‘known facts’.  Everyone loved creating their own number problems for their learning partners and recording their answers once they had carried out investigations using concrete materials.  We’re all looking forward to beginning work on division next week.

This week’s boost words are – sink, wreck, consult, rattle, havoc and advice.  In writing we created book reviews of our very favourite books on World Book Day and we have worked on the skills of analysing and evaluating in reading.  Our focus in handwriting has been capital letters and everyone did a great job of self-assessing their work and identifying strengths and next steps.  We have also loved listening to audio books on the World Book Day website as part of our World Book Day celebrations.

IDL

One of our highlights this week was drama when the children worked in groups to create instant images.  We worked on using facial expression and body position, with fantastic results. We have improved our fine motor skills through sewing activities, which everyone loved and we began to develop typing skills using the BBC Dance Mat

Parental Involvement

Encourage your child to develop their typing skills using the BBC Dance Mat typing activities

Set a challenge to use boost words at home –  sink, wreck, consult, rattle, havoc and advice.

Next week we are learning about Viking shields so you could do some research on Viking shield designs at home.

Improve multiplication skills with this Topmarks game  –  Coconut Multiplication game.  

Pupil Voice

Joshua – I loved celebrating World Book Day.  We brought in favourite books to write about and you got to bring a book to lunch.  We listened to Cookie and the Bolds and I Want My Potty on the World Book Day site.

Victoria – I loved writing this week.  We wrote about our favourite books. My focus was capital letters and full stops.

Dylan – I loved celebrating World Book Day. I loved writing about my favourite book.  I wrote about the Christmasaurus.   My target was to write in paragraphs.

Kayla- I loved it when Father Kenneth came to visit and we all talked about Reconciliation.