P5 Weekly News

Learning Highlights

In art this week we have been learning about Fairtrade and were making the Fairtrade logo using collage.

In PE, we have been doing themes, sequences and routines using the apparatus. We had to use our imagination to come up with ideas and then use our teamwork skills to work together to create the final product.

In maths, we have been learning about fractions. We have been trying to find of an amount or quantity. We started with basic fractions and have developed onto finding more difficult fractions.

In writing, we have been writing an explanation about the life cycle of a frog. We had to make sure our text had a title, an identifying statement, an explanation sequence and a summary statement. We had to use verbs and sequential language and make sure it was written in the present tense.

In RE, we have been learning about St. Bernadette. We were learning about her feast day and her life. Did you know that Mary appeared to her 18 times?

Pupil Voice

“I liked doing PE because it was fun doing gymnastics!” – Madison

“I liked doing the Fairtrade logo.” – Alishba

“I liked doing fractions in maths, it was a bit tricky but fun!” – Maeve

“I enjoyed doing gymnastics because we had to do a theme.” – Oma

“I liked doing writing because it was really fun learning about the life cycle of a frog because most of the parts I didn’t know before!” – Angelina

Parental Involvement

We would like to learn about the life cycle of another animal so if our parents could give us an animal to research we could learn about it.

We would also like to try and buy as many Fairtrade products as we can wen doing our food shop with our families. Why not add a photo to one note profile to show us the Fairtrade products you buy.

Have a great weekend, P5 and Mrs Diamond.

One thought on “P5 Weekly News”

1. I remember learning about St Bernadette when I was younger, I even watched a film about it.
    I managed to see some of your group tasks in PE this week and they looked really good.