P2/1 Update

Over View Of Learning

We have been learning about Sir Walter Scott as part of our new topic to do with historical people linked to Livingston.  Sir Walter Scott died when he was 61 years old and he was born in Edinburgh in 1771.  He was a famous writer and the street names in Dedridge are named after characters and places in his books.

We have been revising our key words this week and we have been continuing to improve our letter formation, P2 have even been joining up their writing!

In our Numeracy P1 have been continuing to explore the many different ways they can do subtraction calculations.  P2 were dividing using the grouping strategy.

Home Learning

For P1 and P2 try out these problem solving question which will need you to use grouping.

P2 – If there were 20 children in a class how many different ways could the teacher equally group the children?

P1 – For P1 write down as many take away calculations as you can that start with 10.

Pupil Voice

Adam – I really liked doing the problem solving challenge in class using grouping.

Shay – I really enjoyed learning about Sir Walter Scott, I wrote; Sir Walter Scott was a really famous man he wrote books.

Emileigh-Rose – I liked completing our Circle, Heart and Star independent tasks.

Lucy – I like doing the Sir Walter Scott colouring in sheet.

Regan – I liked doing the taking away work.

Sophie – I liked making the snowflakes last week.

Wojtek – I like the Science colouring sheet.

Shakti – I liked doing the keyword wordsearch sheet.

Isla – I liked making Valentines Day cards.

Julian – I love drawing and colouring sheets.

Szymon – I like doing the sheets about mapping.

Kevin – I liked doing the snowflakes.

One thought on “P2/1 Update”

1. This sounds like an interesting topic, the streets in Dedridge are all also in alphabetical order!
    I like your problem solving tasks for homework – good luck!