P3 News

Learning Overview

This week we have been focusing on writing explanations and we wrote about the life cycle of a plant.   The writing was really impressive with fabulous openers, paragraphs and topic vocabulary.

Our Word Boost book was Black Dog and our boost words were demand, agree, follow, shrink, barricade and opportunity.

In Spanish we have learnt about weather phrases and days of the week.

Maths

In numeracy we have used think mats which have helped us to use pictures to solve problems and in maths we have explored length. Everyone has had great fun measuring tables, doors and each other!

STEM

This week we have explored the science of flight, programmed Beebots to travel around the classroom, investigated the work of Steve Jobs and written code to solve Minecraft puzzles using code.org 

Pupil Voice

Abu Bakr – I liked learning to code on code.org  We had to watch a video to find out what to do then we used programming skills to move a Minecraft character and solve challenges.  We set the target of writing 10 lines of code.  We managed to write 21 lines of code!

Victoria – I liked creating x-ray pictures of my hand.  Xrays are a medical invention.  We created x-ray pictures with blac-k paper and paper straws.  I was proud of my work.

Milena – I liked learning to programme Beebots to travel in a shape.  We chose a square.  We could record our learning using an iPad.

Home Learning

Keep working on addition and subtraction using this game

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/number-facts/number-fact-families

Try writing some code at code.org

Next week we will be learning about Internet Safety. Please take time to discuss internet safety with your child https://www.saferinternet.org.uk/safer-internet-day/2020

Have a great weekend.

Mrs Caskie, Mrs Keegan and P3

One thought on “P3 News”

1. I really enjoyed visiting your class this week when you were doing some STEM learning, everyone was really engaged in their learning and I love that you had planned the experiences too!