P2/1 Update

Overview of Learning

This week our Science topic has moved onto Topical Science.  We focused on litter and recycling.  We used the story called The Messy Magpie as a stimulus and learned all about the different things we can do to reduce, reuse and recycle litter/rubbish.

In our literacy we stayed with our recycling theme and created leaflets about the dangers of litter to our environment and wildlife.  We have displayed these in our classroom.

In numeracy P2 have now completed their block of learning about “equal groups of” and next week we will begin to look at how we can share equally (dividing).  P1 everyone has now learned the number stories all the way up to 10 and our adding skills have made brilliant progress, some of us are even adding up to 20!

For our Health and Wellbeing everyone has now finished setting themselves their goals for this term.  P2 have set a Literacy, numeracy and health and wellbeing goal.  P1 have all set a health and wellbeing goal and have then chosen if they wanted to make a numeracy or literacy goal.  Check these out on their profiles.

Home Learning

This week for home learning the children were asked to play Sumdog which is our school’s online maths programme.  You do not have to wait for it to be set for home learning to access and play this programme you can do it any time you like.

Next week P1 will be set up with their username and password too so they can have a go too.

At home try to be a Recycling Hero by carefully throwing our rubbish away correctly/safely!

Pupil Voice

Isla – I liked making the recycling posters.

Regan – I liked colouring the recycling logo.

Lucy – I liked when we were doing the I Spy sheet about the Three Little Pigs.

Lewis – I liked making my Lego cargo ship at Smart Start.

Wojtek – I liked making a tanker out of Lego.

Szymon – I liked the true and false questions we had to answer about the Three Little Pigs,

Oliwier – I liked building houses from the Kapla and bricks.

Shay – I liked trying to get my tower made from the pegs taller than Emileigh- Rose’s.

Emileigh-Rose – I like the Messy Magpie story.

Shakti – I liked making the little leaflet about recycling.

Kevin – I liked making the different houses.

Julian – I like to make cruise ships out of Lego at Smart Start.

3 thoughts on “P2/1 Update”

1. You have all been great Eco Warriers this week in school and in the playground. Recycling is such an important issue to learn about, especially as we are an Eco School. I enjoyed reading some of your leaflets this week.

2. Fantastic upgrade!!! Much easy and simpler to see and understand xxx
    Lily has been very pro active at home with the recycling, thank you xx