P5 Weekly News!

Learning Highlights

We have been rehearsing for our Scottish celebration assembly where we are the telling story of Robert the Bruce, Robert Burns and Saint Andrew.

In PE we have started our gymnastics block. We have been focusing on floor gymnastics and making a sequence with a partner and using balances.

In numeracy, we have been learning about factors, multiples and prime numbers. This was quite tricky to begin with but after lot of practise we have now got the hang of it.

In literacy, we have been learning about explanation texts. In an explanation we have to use sequencing words and use a flow chart at the planning stage to help gather and organise ideas.

In art, we have been making a portrait of Robert Burns. We were using pencils to do this.

In technology, we have been introduced to flipgrid

Pupil Voice

“I am enjoying doing the show!” – Madison

“I liked doing PE because I liked trying to make a sequence with different types of balances!” – Alishba

“I enjoyed doing PE because we got to make our own balances using different body parts!” – Maeve

“I enjoyed writing a description of a dragon using adverbs, adjectives and verbs!” – Wojtek

“I like rehearsing for the show because we get to see all the different parts and we get tossing songs!” – Oma

Parent Involvement

We would like parents to quiz us using questions about factors, multiples and prime numbers.

We would like to make a video using ‘Flipgrid’ at home to help us become more familiar with the app/website.

Try out some yoga at home to help everyone feel calm and relaxed.

Have a great weekend, P5 and Miss Diamond.

One thought on “P5 Weekly News!”

1. I have been sneakily listening to your singing for Friday’s Scottish Showcase – it’s sounding great! Can’t wait to see the full performance on Friday.
    You all looked very flexible in PE when you were making up your floor sequences with Mr Cummings.