P7 Weekly Round Up!

Weekly Highlights

In literacy this week we completed our final writing assessment and spelling assessments of 2019! The P7 group were so engaged in making stickers for our Christmas Fair enterprise task that we decided to focus on procedural writing to provide instructions about how to make stickers – we are hoping the P6/7 class will test them out to give us feedback on our efforts. We have all enjoyed the new approach to spelling and Mrs Conway and Mrs Scott have loved seeing our progress across all of our written work!

In numeracy this week we have looked at pattern and angles. We used pattern to create mandala designs as part of our Pope Francis Faith Award work – they are beautiful. We have revised angles to activate our prior knowledge this week so that we are ready to challenge ourselves in January! Perhaps you could start to look for angles in your environment and name them?

The big news of this week was our upper school election. The boys and girls were so engaged in creating their political parties, manifestos, tag lines, logos and party political broadcasts. We delivered these to the upper school on Thursday morning then opened the polling station in the upper area. Congratulations to the Coping Campaign who were the winning party – making Hannah Prime Minister and Aria Deputy Prime Minister.

Pupil Voice

Abi I LOVE the political parties!

Krystian I like doodling when we are listening to our class novel.

Harley I think my football career needs to be put aside – I’m going to work at polling stations instead!

Neve In a normal election Hannah wouldn’t have been PM, she would have been our local MP

Joshua Jeremy Corbyn had to resign because the labour party lost the election. Boris Johnson is Prime Minister.

Home Learning

This weekend if you find yourself with a spare few minutes please discuss our Human Rights Day assembly with your child – the home task this month is to think about which of the Children’s Rights is most important to you and your family and find ways that the Government is supporting this right J

Remember to keep up with us on Twitter!