P4 Weekly News!

Learning Overview

Health and Wellbeing – On Friday we looked at our jotters and improved our work by doing kickstart. We did Christmas Just Dance in PE with Mr McCurdy.

Literacy – We did a recount of the Nativity story for RE and Writing this week.

Numeracy and Maths – We have been focusing on number bonds and we did a Christmas crackers task to find the other half of a number bond.

IDL – This week in our IDL carousel we did some Christmas crafts. We made paper chains, star baubles and paper angels.

Pupil Voice – Our Highlights!

Aiden – I was one of the lead learners this week. I enjoyed making star baubles in IDL. After I made it I used it in the play area as a ninja star!

Abby –  I was one of the lead learners this week. I enjoyed using paint and black paper to make a Christmas card. We will be writing these next week and giving them to someone 🙂

Isla – I enjoyed IDL. My favourite task was mindfulness colouring to make a bright and colourful paper chain.

Wiktoria – I enjoyed doing Dungeon Runner in PE with Mr McCurdy.

Paul – I enjoyed IDL. My favourite task was spending time improving my skills in the play area. I made things out of paper.

Next Steps – Home Learning Opportunities

Literacy – Practice your solo talk which you will be presenting to the class next week! We are looking forward to hearing them!

Maths – Try some number bonds at home. Ask someone to give you a number and see if you can work out what you could add to it to make a number bond or to get to the next friendly number.

For example: 46 + what makes 50?

46 + what makes 100?

Have a great weekend!

Primary 4 and Mrs Brown 🙂