P4 Weekly News!

Learning Overview

Health and Wellbeing – We have been having learning conversations in P4 this week. This is where we reflect on the goals which we set and take action by either continuing to work on them or creating new ones if we have achieved them.

Literacy – We have been doing our Procedure writing assessment where we wrote instructions of how to make a drum kit out of junk materials.

Numeracy and Maths – We have been learning about money in Maths. We have been trying to work out the change from £1 and £2.

IDL – We have been creating our products for the Christmas Fair in Food Technology. We had a great evening selling the chocolate lollies which we made on Thursday at the Christmas Fair.

Pupil Voice – Our Highlights!

Lloyd, Casper and Marcel – We liked writing a procedure about how to make a drum kit. Lloyd enjoyed picking the materials and writing them in steps for someone to follow. Marcel enjoyed writing the steps. Casper liked that he could pick what materials and how many.

Wiktoria – I liked doing Scottish Dancing in PE because I love to dance. My favourite dance is the Virginia Reel.

Mark – I enjoyed learning about our brain and talking about what we are good at and what we need to get better at. I always have a growth mindset because this helps me to improve. I coloured a jigsaw piece in to show what I need to improve and this is on our classroom window.

Next Steps – Home Learning Opportunities

Literacy – Continue to work on your Enterprise solo talk preparations. This will be shared with the class week beginning 16th December.

Maths – Look out for prices if you are at the shops. Try to use the methods you have learned in school to calculate the change.

HWB – Discuss you goals with your parents and have a look at your OneNote profile where you will find your goals and learning conversations. Feel free to add to this at any time!

Have a great weekend!

Primary 4 and Mrs Brown 🙂