P1 News

Learning Highlights 

• One of our rainbow learning activities this week has been writing a letter to our naughty elf – Snowflake.
  • We have been listening carefully to the difference between the b and d sounds.
  • We have been finding the ‘g’ and ‘u’ sounds tricky and we have extending our knowledge of these by spelling and reading words with these sounds in  them.
  • During our reading activities, we have been developing our higher ordering thinking skills and answering tricky questions about our book.
  • Our reading aloud was excellent this week and we had a discussion about what different strategies we could use if we find it tricky to read a word.

• We have been using the rekenreks to show different amounts during number talks. This has been helping us with our mental addition.
  • One of our rainbow learning activities was an addition smart board game. We have been trying to put a number in our head and count on. Link for this game is below.
  • We enjoyed playing some fairy tale games which helped us to count on when we rolled a number on the dice. We would try to guess what number we might land on by counting on.

Pupil Voice

Chloe: I liked practising for the Nativity. My favourite bit is the singing.

Sophie F: I liked making the stockings and using the new pens. A snowman was on my stocking. My made the stockings for the Christmas Fair.

Sophie J: I liked practising the Nativity because I like singing.

Carly: I liked when I got the golden ticket because I done really good work.

Grace: I liked colouring in with the pens.

Ollie: I liked drawing the stockings.

Reka: I liked PE, we were playing fruit basket.

Max: I liked making the stockings.

Parental Involvement 

We played this game as one of our rainbow learning activities:

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/Flash.aspx?f=PostSortingcalculationsv2

We are going to be singing this song for the ‘Cakes and Carols’ event next week. Please have a go singing along at home.

We are looking forward to sharing our Nativity performance with you all next week.

Have a nice weekend,

Mrs Davenport and P1

One thought on “P1 News”

1. Amelie: I liked doing the yellow rainbow learning when I cut out some things that I would like for Christmas 👸🏼

We are looking forward to seeing all of the P1 and 2 children during their nativity performances this week. We’ve been hearing lots of practice songs at home 🌟

We hope all the boys and girls have lots of fun in the next two weeks at school, they are the best 2 weeks of the school year 🎅☃️🎄💚💛