Primary 7 Weekly Round Up

What a busy week!

Weekly Highlights

Our first group went to st Margaret’s this week for their transition visit. We took part in a science lesson with Dr McAllister. Unfortunately the pool was out of order so we will return for our swimming lesson.

In numeracy this week we have been going back to basics with our number talks sessions and agreeing the expectations for behaviour, focus and engagement. Can you challenge your parents to see how many strategies they can come up with for addition and subtraction using 3 digit numbers?

In literacy this week we have been continuing our use of the wraparound spelling resource and looking at Blooms Questions to focus our understanding of our group reading novels. Some of us made it to the library this week and are looking forward to Book Week Scotland next week to enjoy some extended time to read our novels 🙂

Pupil Voice

Samuel – I enjoyed lighting the bunsen burner at high school

Harley – I love playing with my buddy at funky Friday

Krystian – I’m really enjoying the big build

Mirren – I loved doing our random act of kindness

Abi – the cinema trip was awesome!

Learning at home

We are beginning our democracy topic and it would be great for our boys and girls to learn a bit more about the political parties in the UK – they will be making their own political parties and standing for election… we cant wait!

One thought on “Primary 7 Weekly Round Up”

1. Another busy week for P7. Ryan has taught us some new maths strategies. Learning is much more fun when it’s linked to real life rather than just textbooks. He’s looking forward to his visit to St Margaret’s next week.