P5 Weekly Update

Learning Overview

This week in P5 we have had many learning highlights.  In maths we have been learning about symmetry and we made links across the curriculum and continued to develop our understanding of symmetry through art.

We enjoyed free writing Friday as it gives us the opportunity to use our imagination.

We had an exciting trip to Jupiter Artland where we got to meet the different sculptures and made our very own journey sticks to bring home.

As part of our writing lesson, learning about writing procedural texts, we made slime. It was a great learning experience for us and made us appreciate the importance of measurements of ingredients when making slime.

Pupil Voice

“I liked doing art because we made a silhouette to celebrate Remembrance Day” – James

“I liked doing the symmetry art because we didn’t just make pictures we also got to use dots and rulers to make a really cool shape!”- Wojtek

“I enjoyed making the journey stick at Jupiter Artland” – Alishba

“I enjoyed the trip to Jupiter Artland and I guessed that the stone on the first sculpture was Obsidian and loved when we got to go into the Amethyst cave!” – Ahmad

“I liked free writing Friday because I wrote about a racing game called “Forza Horizon 4!” – Kayden

Parent Involvement

Big Talk – Ask your child about the key features of a procedural text.

Search for symmetry in your local environment/ play a symmetry game/ design a symmetrical picture together (tip- using graph paper will make this easier….we have tried!).

2 thoughts on “P5 Weekly Update”

1. Jupiter Artland sounded like a great place to visit for Outdoor Learning – I will need to go there with my daughters.

I really enjoyed visiting your class this week to observe you during your writing lesson. I definitely know how to make slime now after reading your work. I was impressed at your knowledge of adverbial phrases.