P4 Weekly News!

Learning Overview

Literacy – We have been working in our reading groups to answer questions about our reading books. We have also been writing directions of how to get from one place to another using a map. This is called procedure writing.

Numeracy and Maths – We have been learning the names of 2D shapes and 3D objects. In Number Talks we have been practising our addition skills.

Health and Wellbeing – We have been focusing on the GIRFEC theme ‘Achieving’ by talking about and creating comic strips of us achieving something. We also celebrated anti-bullying week this week by reminding ourselves of what it means to be a good friend.

IDL – We have been learning about science, enterprise and food technology. In science we learned that water is the only substance on earth that can be found in all 3 states: liquid, solid and gas. Water changes by freezing and boiling.

Pupil Voice – Our Highlights!

Abigail – I enjoyed doing IDL. I went to Science and Enterprise. I learned how to change water from a liquid to solid and from liquid to gas.

Sahara – I enjoyed watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. We are comparing the old movie with the new one. My favourite part was when all the characters came out of the factory. I have noticed that in the old movie there is an extra bit that is not included in the new one. It is when Willy Wonka gets mad at Charlie!

Freda and Rafay – We loved IDL. We went to Science and Food Technology. We made rice crispie cakes by using a microwave to melt chocolate then mixing the melted chocolate with the rice crispies. Our cakes were delicious!

Oliver – I enjoyed RE. We learned about Saint Columba and Saint Margaret. Saint Columba lived on an island in Scotland called Iona and Saint Margaret helped the poor.

Next Steps – Home Learning Opportunities

Literacy – Have a go at writing directions to get somewhere which you have visited this week/weekend.

Number Talks – If you can do 3 + 4 you can do 303 + 4. Talk about this strategy with someone at home and try to get an answer.

HWB – What have you done this week that makes you a good friend?

IDL – Talk to someone at home about the temperature which water must be at in order to freeze and to boil.

Have a great weekend!

Primary 4 and Mrs Brown 🙂

One thought on “P4 Weekly News!”

1. A great blog post this week P4 – thank you for sharing your learning with us and giving the grown ups some ideas for activities to do at home. IDL sounded like great fun, I would definitely have enjoyed making crispie cakes!!