Primary 6 Weekly News

Weekly Overview:

• Numeracy: Looking at addition and subtraction using a standard written method.
  • Maths: Drawing 2 lines of symmetry (horizontal, vertical and diagonal)
  • Literacy: PM Writing focusing on Procedure.
  • New Class Novel: ‘The Nowhere Emporium’ by Ross MacKenzie. P6 will be looking at Boost Words regularly as we read this book.

Pupil Comments:

Richard/Kuba/Orla: We enjoyed programming and playing with Marty the Robot. We used Scratch to make him move in different directions – it was good fun!

Michael/Carly/Jack: In Writing we all wrote Halloween poems and we worked in groups to create our poems. We typed up our poems using netbooks, printed them and then shared with each other.

Alexis/ Emily: On Tuesday we all went to our Pope Francis Faith Award Mass. All of us taking part in the Pope Francis Award received yellow wrist bands from the priest.

Rachel/Carly: We also had the school Halloween disco on Tuesday evening. The party was really good fun and those of us in the Community Links committee helped with the infant party.

Kate: There was a pumpkin competition and there were lots of brilliantly decorated pumpkins on display.

Emily: I was surprised and happy to win the best pumpkin. My pumpkin was decorated as a blue cookie monster!

Niamh: We all shared our Science presentations in front of the class.

Richard: In RE we were learning about a prayer called The Memorare.

Brooke/ Maliha: On Monday we had lots of fun in PE playing Planet Football games. In PE we were learning about weight and we did heavy weights and low reps.

Next Steps:

Help your child to practise their addition skills by letting them add up different items from your shopping receipts. They could check their answers using a calculator.

Have a great weekend!

Mrs Reeves and P6

One thought on “Primary 6 Weekly News”

1. I’m glad you are enjoying working with Marty the Robot before we have to send him back home!! I like your new layout of the blog this week!
    I was very proud of you all leading our All Saints Feast Day Mass, thank you P6!