P5 Weekly News

We have been busy in P5 this week.

We have had lots of fun at the harvest festival where we were learning in collaboration with other primary schools including Bankton, Dedridge and Williamston about harvesting and what kind of foods are harvested in different countries.

“I enjoyed learning the song about a farmer during harvest time!” – Madison.

“I was a little bit nervous standing up in front of the other schools to present!” – Alan.

“Julia K and I got picked to go up with some other boys and girls from different schools and we had to make different words from H-A-R-V-E-S-T. – James.

“I enjoyed learning the song that we had to sing for the other schools, ‘The Harvest Song’. – Oma.

We continued with our basketball skills in PE this week but missed Mr McCurdy and we hope he feels better soon.

We enjoyed our trip to the Library this week and choosing a book to bring back to school.

“I chose ‘The Secret Diary of Kitty Cask’” – Wojtek

“I chose ‘Action Dogs Ocean of Pearls’” – Harry

As part of celebrating maths week, we worked in teams to solve a murder mystery challenge where we had to solve different clues using different mathematical processes.

“This was really tricky because there were lots of names on the suspect list!” – James

“I liked the murder mystery because we had to work out the different clues!” – Julia C.

We have also been learning about rounding and adjusting to help solve calculations mentally.

“I found this very hard to begin with but after practise I got used to the process.” – Angelina

“I thought it was fun but there was some bits that I got confused with.” – Ahmad

We have also been writing about the African Grassland. We wrote a narrative about an animal that you could find in the African Grassland and had to make sure we had an orientation, a complication and a resolution. We also tried to use adjectives and adverbs to add more detail and description in our writing.

“I wrote about a Zebra called Zack!” – Maeve.

“I wrote about an elephant called Cassie!” – Alishba.

“I wrote about a Gazelle called JJ!” – Olivia.

We hope you have a great weekend, Miss Diamond and P5!