Primary 5 Weekly Update

This week, P5 has been very busy!

In PE we played dodgeball and started learning skills required in basketball.

“It was very fun!” – Madison

“I like doing basketball and dribbling the ball!” – Alishba

We had another Free Writing Friday slot today where we get to decided what we want to write about.

“I like doing Free Writing Friday!” – Oma

“I liked making a comic strip!” – Annayah

We have continued to work on our class novel, James and the Giant Peach! This week we had to make information leaflets to advertise the Giant Peach and encourage tourists to come along and visit the extraordinary attraction.

“I really enjoyed making the leaflet and I liked using ideas from the book to write in my persuasive leaflet to persuade tourists to come and visit the mammoth peach!” – Angelina

In maths, we have been rounding numbers to the nearest 10 and 100.

“We looked at the numbers and focussed on the number in the units column to decide which ten to round it to!” – Harry

“I liked rounding numbers and when we completed the written task we played a fun game with a partner. You had to have a secret number and tell your partner what the number was rounded to the nearest ten and then your partner had 3 attempts to guess your secret number!” – Wojtek

“We also completed a scavenger hunt outside and had to find examples of different maths related shoes, angles and symmetry and take a photo on a device. We are going to make posters to display our findings.” – Matthew

In art, we have developed our learning of tint and shared further by creating a pattern using one colour but added white or black to make different tints and shades.

“It was fun because there was a pattern and we had to put different tints and shades in each section!” – Julia K

“I had a lot of fun doing this and I enjoyed discovering different shades of blue!” – Maeve

During smart start we had one activity where we had to make a personal profile using Microsoft word.

“I found this really fun and added a picture of my favourite games to mine!” – Ahmad

“I enjoyed doing construction during smart start!” – Marcus

We had another look at metaphors this week as this proved to be a little trickier than similes last week.

“I enjoyed listening to lots of songs that had metaphors in them and trying to identify what metaphor was in the song!” – Angelina

“I liked doing the worksheet about metaphors where we had to draw a picture of the metaphor and explain what they mean.” – Ana

Some of our favourite metaphors that we learned this week are:

“I am titanium!” – Leo

“It’s raining cats and dogs!” – Ahmad

“He has a heart of stone!” – Filip

“Her heart was broken!” – Madison

“His mind was on fire!” – Maeve

We hope you have a great weekend, P5 and Miss Diamond.

One thought on “Primary 5 Weekly Update”