P7 Weekly News!

This week some of our highlights include;

We began to work on rugby in PE – we will be working outdoors for this block of PE. We learned about passing and catching – banana tig was a highlight, can you child explain the rules to you?

In our class novel we learned about Auggie’s genes and how he had a mutated gene. This led us to ask some questions about what DNA was and how genes work. We learned that we all have DNA in our bodies – every cell has DNA. The most interesting fact was definitely that we carry 99.1% of the same DNA as chimpanzees!

Another Friday meant another FREE WRITING FRIDAY session! We love getting the freedom to write what is on our minds and also having the class playlist on in the background.

In our writing session we made Wikipedia pages about August Pullman, the main character in our class novel – Wonder! We can’t wait to show our families at our Stay, Play and Write session soon!

Have a fab weekend!

Pupil voice;

Oliwia – I liked rugby (PE) because it was fun!

Finlay – My favourite part of school this week was learning about the DNA because I am in to dinosaurs and how they do the tests – and I’m really into science as well. I knew about DNA because of reading books and from Jurassic World.

Daniel – I liked writing about Auggie because I know lots about him.

Dominika – I was prefecting the upper area, it was good.

2 thoughts on “P7 Weekly News!”