P2/1 Weekly Post

This week we have continued our Author study of Julia Donaldson books.  We have engaged with the story of The Gruffalo and were inspired to write some sentences and to create our own Gruffalo faces.

P1 have learned the phonics sounds c and p and have had a lot of fun learning what colour each of the letters are.  Ask your child what colours c and p are and why?

P2 have started to learn the P2 key words, these are words which they will work on learning to read and write over the course of P2.  Some of these words can be sounded out but others we need to take a photograph of in our mind and learn them.  The words we have covered so far are;

can, came, all, for,had, as, at, but, be, are

Continue to practise these at home by looking out for them when you are reading together.

For numeracy we have started our Number Talks sessions.  We are looking at how to count larger amounts by grouping.  Look at this Number Talks picture and discuss with your child how many different ways you can work out how many.

P1 have learned the numbers 4, 5 and 6 and have been practising writing them.  Have a go at home.

I’m sure you’ll agree the children have all worked hard this week.  Well done everyone, especially Khyla who was our Hot Chocolate Friday Nomination for the week.

Have a lovely weekend

Mrs Currie

2 thoughts on “P2/1 Weekly Post”

1. What a great week you have all had! I love the Gruffalo, it’s one of my favourite books and I have read it lots of times. Well done Khyla!!