P5D Learning this week!

Miss Diamond – Primary 5D missed you a lot this week!  We hope that you had fun at school camp with P7 but are looking forward to seeing us all on Monday again!

We have worked hard with Mrs Scott and Mrs Smith and hope you are very proud of all the learning we have achieved in your absence!   We loved the Judo tasters this week and creating our group landscape collages using natural resources.  In Maths we have been working on measure and enjoyed working with partners to measure items in centimetres before converting them into metres and centimetres.  We have been learning about present tense verbs and exploring the Eatwell plate by planning healthy meal selections.  Please see our comments below:

Ola – it’s not good to eat a lot of sugary things. You need to eat 33% of fruit and veg and 33% of bread, pasta, rice etc.

Rhia – is, are, has, have are present tense verbs. I used them in my description.

Maliha – we worked in partners on food diaries. I did Angel’s one and she had to eat more dairy and bread.

Aaron – I have been really focused 99% of this week. I liked learning about the Eatwell plate. I used some good words in my description of a smartboard.

Emily – I enjoyed doing the research task because it was good being able to make meals up.

Angel – I loved doing the Healthiest Menu research task because it was fun working with a partner to go onto the different supermarket websites.

Kasia –  I liked doing Measure and I learned that 6cm 4mm is the same as 64mm. I feel more confident about it all now.

Ethan – I liked reading Simon The Bully and looking for the nouns.

Huda – In writing I liked describing the smartboard because it was easy to look at it and feel it for ideas.

Michelle – I liked Maths and now I am getting better at measuring in mm.

Robbie – I liked measuring using a ruler.

Sophie R – This week I enjoyed doing writing on the netbook and I wrote a description of a smartboard.

Andrew – I liked writing because the smartboard was fun to describe.