P1D Highlights

Here are our highlights this week:

Pati: I liked reading this week. My book was about Sam and Tam going to the mud.

Luke: I liked the red rainbow learning. You had to match the eggs with words that rhymed that means they sound the same. I matched wall and ball.

Can you think of any other words that rhyme?

What rhymes with man? Shop? Yellow?

Igor: I liked the blue rainbow learning. I had to count numbers with cereal. I counted 11.

Can you find something exciting to count with? How long would it take you to count all of your breakfast cereal?!

Layla: I liked PE, I was jumping. I jumped really high.

Anna: I liked doing our topic about jobs. I learned what peoples jobs help us with. A teacher helps boys and girls learn.

Who would help you if you found an injured animal?

Who would help you if you didn’t feel safe in the water at the swimming pool?

Roma: I liked the blue rainbow learning. You needed to get cheerios and glue them on to the 20 frame. A 20 frame is like 10 and 10, I made the number 19 so I had one empty bit on my 20 frame.

Michelle: I liked doing the high jump in PE. I jumped over the rope.

Mara: I liked the high jump in PE because I jumped very high.

Paul: I liked the red rainbow learning you had to match the Easter eggs with rhyming words. A rhyming word has the same letters at the end of the word. I matched wig and pig.

Jane: I liked the green rainbow learning. You had to listen to the word on the smart board and then you had to find the word that matched because it rhymes. Tree and bee rhymes.

Here is a link to the game we played:

http://www.literactive.com/Download/live.asp?swf=story_files/washing_line_rhyme_US.swf

Scott: I liked writing about going to the desert island. A monster went to the desert island and he liked shells and the whale took him to the waves and he found a ship wreck and a treasure chest.

What would happen if a cat went to a desert island?

Shea: I liked doing the green rainbow learning, you had to match the rhyming words on the smart board like wall and ball. The same letters at the end makes words rhyme.

Carter: I liked the builders site this week. I was building lots of things, so many that I can’t remember but I did build a house. It had a big roof but looked like a space rocket.

Lucas: I liked the pink rainbow learning. You had to match up the things that people would help you with. A policeman could help you find someone if you get lost.

Amelia: I liked making the horse in the tuff tray. I used a big stick and I put on the horses head and the tail. I stick up with cellotape.

Rojin: I liked going to the library, we had to take back our books then we picked new books. I picked a book about a green dog and a green squirrel.

What was the book that you picked from the library?