P6/7 weekly news

The Gospel Show

Rehearsals have been going well as we approach our final week of practices. We are all looking forward to trying on our costumes to help us get into our characters. The pupils are also working on invitations for our special guests, the backdrop and a program.  Next week we will begin practising with the lights.

Ethan: We managed a full run through this week.

Daniel: We now have the stage and microphones set up for rehearsals.

Ambra: I’m really excited about the dress rehearsal.

Science

We continue to learn about Science using the theme of ‘Journeys’. This week we have carried out some experiments to help us with this, eg. creating lunar rover models, Matilda’s floating feat, etc. See Twitter for photos!!!

Transition

P6 continue to meet weekly with their nursery buddies.

Ryan: I really enjoyed being with my buddy and we played lots which was fun.

Joshua: I played with my buddy and read a story.

Aria: I met my buddy and played with magnets and dolls.

Brooke: I went to see my buddy on Thursday and we played games and read stories, it was so fun and fantastic!

Abi: This week I got to go and see my buddy, Anna, we read a book called ‘Superworm’.

HWB

On Monday morning we joined up with the P6 class for a fitness session, there were some legs on Tuesday! We also continued our ball games block of learning.

Jay; We played 5-a-side football and our team came second.

Mirren: We did PE outside and played football, it was fun.

Year of the Playground

Today we had a visitor from the Grounds for Learning team who met with pupils and staff to discuss our outdoor spaces and how these could be improved. He is going away now to write a report and we should hear back after the Easter holidays his ideas!

Matt: I met with the gentleman to discuss our playground and how it could be improved.

Positive Recognition

Well done to Ivana who got the praise postcard home this week, we were focusing on using our voices wisely in class.

Ethan also received a positive phonecall home from Mrs Purdie – congratulations!

Matt was the leading pupil in the West Lothian Sumdog Contest – there were 3063 pupils participating!!!! Great job Matt-we are all very proud of you!

Our class got into the top 50 schools – 144 classes entered across West Lothian – another achievement to be proud of!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Mrs Roy & P6/7