P5D Weekly News!

This week in P5D we have been busy writing a recount about Archbishop Cushley’s visit. We made sure that we had all the key features of a recount in our finished piece of work. These included a title, an orientation, a sequence of events and a personal comment. We enjoyed getting to share some of our finished pieces with Mrs Smith.

In PE, we were focussing on hill sprints as there is a big hill on our cross country route and on our daily mile route. We had to walk, jog and sprint throughout the route.

We have been learning all about building resilience and know that our lives are not always perfect and easy to manage. Sometimes we have challenges to face and there will always be ups and downs. We have been looking at how to manage our emotions and how we can deal with different situations we may be faced with. We have made short films using i-movie to show how life is like a river.

We have enjoyed our second session of bikeability this week. We have been cycling around the track and trying to take one hand off the handles bars while going round the cones. We were also doing a slow race again this week. Congratulations to Aaron, Maliha and Hasan who could not ride a bike without stabilisers before but who are all now riding free.

In maths, we have been learning all about equivalent fractions. These are fractions that are equal. You can find equivalent fractions but multiplying the top and bottom number by the same number or dividing them.

In art this week, we have been focussing on using line and following a step by step guide on how to draw The Eiffel Tower. We aim to get this completed next week and will share some of the finished articles with you.

“I am proud of myself for learning how to ride a bike!” – Maliha

“I really enjoyed making a movie using i-movie and I hope we can do it again!” – Zuzanna

“I am so proud of myself that I can actually ride a bike with pedals now and I am no longer afraid!” – Aaron

“I have enjoyed maths, making groups from different amounts!” – Sophie R

“I enjoyed doing the Eiffel Tower art this week!” – Morgan

“I enjoyed writing a recount about Archbishops Cushley’s visit!” – Ola

“I really enjoyed doing the slow race in bikeability!” – Andrew

Congratulations to Aaron and Sophie R this week who received our praise postcards. Aaron for super focus in writing and applying his learning to his independent tasks and Sophie for her hard work, determination as well as having a positive attitude in maths. Well done Aaron and Sophie R!

One thought on “P5D Weekly News!”

1. Well done to all of you for your effort at bikeability particular those who have learned to ride over the last few weeks. It isn’t easy but with resilience and a great growth mindset you have all succeeded. Nic and I are very proud.