P5D Weekly Update

This week in P5D we took part in an Ash Wednesday service to mark the beginning of Lent. We have spoken about our Lenten promises and what we are going to give up.

We have also celebrated World Book Day and enjoyed taking part in a ‘Drop Everything and Read’ session.

In maths, we have started a new topic and have been learning about decimal fractions and how they appear on a number line. We have also being consolidation our knowledge of time, making games to share with our class. We have a mixture of board games, snakes and ladders, kahoot quizzes online and snap. “I had fun making my game about 12 and 24 hour time!” – Maliha. “Making our game was really fun because we got to use our knowledge of time to help us!” – Emily.

We have been continuing with Number Talks and sharing strategies with one another.

We have been learning all about how to structure sentences properly and have learned that there is different sentence patterns. Why not ask us about what we have learned.

We have continued using PM writing this week and have been applying our knowledge of recount texts in a recount about our school show. We have enjoyed learning about past tense verbs, irregular verbs, sequential language, nouns and the important features of a recount. “I enjoyed PM writing because it was fun and I learned more about verbs.” – Sophie R. “In PM writing, I really enjoyed it because I learned about regular and irregular past tense verbs.” – Michelle.

In PE, we have enjoyed developing our tennis skills and look forward to applying these in games of tennis. We have also been building up our stamina with Mr McCurdy by doing cross country running and ab exercises. “I really enjoyed playing Russian long ball!” – Morgan.

We have also been supporting the nursery and helping them develop their throwing, catching and bouncing ball skills.

Congratulations to Huda for being awarded our praise postcard this week for always having a good attitude towards tasks, even when they are challengingJ!

Have a great weekend, P5D and Miss D!