Primary 3

Hola everyone!

Another busy week in Primary 3!

St Ninian’s Feast Day Mass

Well done to the boys and girls in Primary 3 who behaved impeccably during our mass which was celebrated by Fr Kenneth this morning.  They definitely deserved their longer break time!

Ninian’s Natter

Thank you so much to those who were able to manage along to our Ninian’s Natter and Meet the Teacher evening. It was really lovely to meet all of you and we hope you enjoyed it.

Science

Primary 3 have came up with some ideas of their own when learning  about skeletons after the September break.  Mrs Scott was amazed at what the children know already!

WORD BOOST – Our Word Boost story this week was The Obvious Elephant. The Word Boost words are confident, curious, obvious and bewildered. Due to next week  being a shorter school week, we will have a revision week where we consolidate the Word Boost words covered in Six Dinner Sid and Baby Brains.

In writing, we continued to use Flat Stanley as our context for learning. Building on our newspaper  report from last week, we wrote another report but this time it had bullet points. We wrote about  the advantages and disadvantages of being flat.

In spelling, we have been practising our key words – these are words which we come across lots of times during reading and writing. We sometimes need to use a strategy  to help us remember how to spell  them  eg  Does it look right? OR Words inside words.

Here are some of our thoughts.

Sahara – I liked listening to the Word Boost story.

Amber – I liked the part of the story where Eric got to ride on top of the elephant.

Stefan – I liked interviewing Flat Stanley to find out what he liked and didn’t like about being flat. It was fun!

Maths Week Challenges

These were a big success!

Kerr – I liked the coloured square challenge because it was interesting.

Ephraim – I liked adding up the coins in our Role Play shop to pay for things.

Leigha – I made triangles and diamond shapes with the elastic band shapes. It was fun.

SUMDOG LOGINS

Our Primary 3 class is now set up and most of the children should now have their Sumdog logins glued into their green diaries for easy reference. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Have a lovely holiday weekend and hopefully the sun will shine a little.

Kind regards,

Mrs Scott

2 thoughts on “Primary 3”

1. James told us that the feast day mass went really well, I’m glad to hear that P3 were well behaved for Dr Kenneth 🙏
    The Ninians and Nursery Natters were great, it was fun and helpful to come into the classrooms to meet the teachers and see the children’s work so far. I was really touched when reading parts of James’ stop prayer, I hope he’s always this compassionate! 💙
    We hope everyone enjoys their mid-term break – after that I’ll be looking forward to hearing all about the skeletons in P3’s science work!

1. Thanks. It’s amazing how insightful children can be at such a young age in Primary 3! Skeletons are a great Science context for learning – watch this space!
      Kind regards, Mrs Scott