P4 Weekly News!

It’s the end of another great week in Primary 4. Here is what we’ve been up to:

Zoe and Lilly – We have enjoyed doing Number Talks and learning new strategies like friendly numbers.

*Home Learning Opportunity* – Please ask your child about friendly numbers and maybe even try a number talks e.g. 29 + 45 = ?

Alisha – I have enjoyed doing Wordboost because I like learning new words and their meanings.

*Home Learning Opportunity* – Please ask your child about this week’s words. They are: jaunty, angelic, heap, sensation, scowled and shuddered. 

Harry, Ava and Ahmad – We have enjoyed learning about the American flag and colouring one in using the colours red and blue.

Oma and Filip – We have enjoyed playing a hockey tournament in PE.

Ryan, James and Lennon – We enjoyed doing activities on the smart board using Mangahigh for maths week.

Elenta and Aaron – I enjoyed playing snakes and ladders for smart start to practice counting and working fairly with a partner.

Ana and Alan – We enjoyed making a class numberline with Mrs Stewart.

Leo and Matthew – We enjoyed practicing rounding to the nearest 100.

*Home Learning Opportunity* – Please ask your child to round a number to the nearest 100 e.g. what is 178 to the nearest hundred?

Julia – I enjoyed doing spelling pyramids with this week’s 10 words.

Angelina – I enjoyed learning about Safe as part of our GIRFEC work. We talked about places we feel safe and places we feel unsafe.

Maeve – I enjoyed reading more of our class novel ‘My Brother’s Famous Bottom Takes Off’.

Have a great September weekend everyone!

Primary 4 and Miss Ford 🙂

3 thoughts on “P4 Weekly News!”

1. It was great to try out all the number puzzles and to see the work you’ve all done on America in the classroom at Ninians Natter on Wednesday. Well done everyone!

2. Thank you for the update. Really enjoying the home learning tasks. Nice to follow up on what Chloe has been learning in class. Another busy week in P4. Well done everyone! 😊