Snow Day – Friday 2/3/18

Good morning everyone, hope you have all had a great time in the snow.  Thanks to the children who have sent me fabulous pictures on Dojo, lovely to see such creativity.

Here are some more activities to try out if you want to:

Maths – I have set up a new Sumdog activity all about measurement – feel free to give it a go, will be next week’s homework so a wee head start!

Why not see if an adult fancies doing some baking, you could help to weigh out all the correct ingredients to make sure the mixture is perfect.  I am going to lead by example and make some fairy cakes so I’ll Dojo you all a picture, hopefully they turn out yummy.

Literacy – As Storm Emma is making it’s way to Scotland, why not write a Haiku poem about her.  Write a list of amazing words to describe Storm Emma before trying to create your poem, remember its 3 lines, line one with 5 syllables, line 2 with 7 and line 3 with 5 syllables.  5-7-5.  Challenge – could you include and adverb?

Topic – If you created your Roman character, why not write a story about an adventure that your character has?

Julius Caesar – use your research skills to see if you can find 10 facts about Caesar, you could create a poster to display your finding.

Lent – Continue with your Lent challenges.

Art – Be creative and make something for a gift for your special Mum’s for Mothers day, which is on 11th March.  You could make something using recycled materials or draw/paint a picture.

Stay safe in this wild weather, have lots of fun and drink lots of Hot Chocolate!

Can’t wait to see you all on Monday and hear about your snowy adventures.

Mrs McMullen

One thought on “Snow Day – Friday 2/3/18”

1. I wrote out all of my times tables to help me learn them. I painted my favourite book character. I baked a cake, measuring out the ingreadients we needed. I have also been playing outside with the snow.

From Richard