P6/7 Snow Day Tasks – Thursday 1st March

Image result for world book day

Happy World Book day everyone – this year’s theme is ‘Share a story’, an ideal theme for a snow day when we are all at home. I’d love to hear who you shared a story with today.

I’ve also attached a Reflective Reading task for today linked to World Book Day. Task-Map-World-Book-Day-Article-and-Blog Task-Map-Text-For-World-Book-Day-Text-1-Blog Task-Map-Text-For-World-Book-Day-Text-2-Bookseller-Art

There is also a STEM challenge for the whole school to build a snow structure outdoors and then take a photo of you reading your book inside your structure. Mrs Purdie’s mum is winning the challenge so far! Check out Twitter and Facebook to see photos.

The creativity challenge is to paint an egg and make it look like your favourite book character. Post your efforts on your dojo profile or send them via email,Twitter or facebook.

In numeracy I have attached some themed challenges, try out the World Book Day and Fairtrade Challenges.KS2_Topical_Maths_Problems

Don’t forget to get out and about and do your daily mile in the snow, I’m just getting ready to go out and do mine, wish me luck as I’ll need to dig myself out first!!!

Mrs Roy