P4/5 Snow Day

Good afternoon P4/5! I hope you have been having fun in the snow today.

I have put a few suggestions of activities you could get up to below, but don’t forget you also have our homework menu with lots of exciting activities you can use.

HWB
•Wrap up warm, drag the family outside with you and work as a team to try to build an igloo. As an extra challenge, try to make it big enough for you to fit inside.
•Continue with the daily mile and go a mile (or so) walk with the family.
•Some people may need your help in weather like this. If possible, go out with a shovel and help clear a path/walk way to help others and to play your part in community.

Numeracy/ Maths
•Keep practising times tables. Use games, songs or write them out to help you. Hit the button is an all time fav!
•We have been learning about number sequences in class, why not test someone at home by making your own sequence and asking them to work out the rule! Remember the numbers don’t always have to get bigger!
•Sumdog is ready and waiting whenever you are ready! That will give you a chance to practise what we have been covering in class over the last couple of weeks.
•Snowman competition!! Build a snowman, making him/her as tall as you can. Estimate his/her height using your own height as a guide then measure his/her height and we will see who has managed to build the tallest one!

•World Book Day – think of an alternative ending for your favourite book.

•Pick 4 interesting words from your book and find out what part of speech they are and their meaning.

•Mrs Purdie is thinking about cancelling world book day in our dhool next year. Can you think of pros and cons for world book day so we can try and save? I know how much you all love it!

Food Technology
•Why not make your family a tasty snack that they can enjoy with a cup of hot chocolate. You will have to measure the ingredients to make sure they taste the best they can! Write to me on dojo and add some photographs to tell me how it goes and if they were as delicious as our healthy pizzas! There are lots of healthy recipes online you could use. I am going to make a healthy banana loaf!

IDL
•We have been learning about Romans and the Roman army. Why not have the chat with a family member about whether or not they would like to join the army and record their reasons for/against it.

Lent

•Daily lent challenges – you have been great so far so keep up the good work and join in with the daily challenges.

Most importantly boys and girls, stay safe, wrap up warm and make sure you have fun!! Keep me involved in the fun by sending photos via Dojo!!
Miss Diamond