P1R news

Another busy week to report on in P1R. The children worked with Mrs Kerr on Monday and Tuesday and kept busy with their tasks as Mrs Roy was getting ready for the RRS visitors. She enjoyed her short visit and said the children worked very well for her.

Here are some of the highlights shared by the children:

Isla – I enjoyed seeing the nursery children coming into the lunch hall.
Ephraim – I enjoyed playing literacy and numeracy apps on the ipad.
Lloyd – I chose to play on the ipad during Goldentime.
Rafay – I enjoy doing homework, I have been working hard on my Fry’s words and reading.
Mark – I have liked playing Sumdog on the ipads.
Paul – I enjoyed playing with my friends.
Dexter – I enjoyed number work, I am really good with numbers to 20.
Brooke – I enjoyed learning the number names for 0-20, I also liked dressing up at Goldentime.
Bernice – I have loved everything at school this week.
Abigail – I enjoyed maths.
Lucy – I enjoyed playing a pirate app on the ipads.
James – I enjoyed playing with Klaudia.
Klaudia – During Goldentime I dressed up as a cat.
Nathan – I enjoy playing with the lego.

On Tuesday James and Ephraim represented our class at the meeting with the RRS visitors and they spoke confidently about their leaning and knowledge of the UN Convention and the Global Goals. Well done boys!!

Next week there are a few special events happening:
Monday – House Reward for winning house, Microfitness.
Party Animals visit in the afternoon.
Children will receive a letter telling them about their
new class for next year.

Tuesday – Sports Day 10am-11.30am on upper school playing field. Children will take part in potted sports in House teams to win points. Parents/families are welcome to come along and watch. Children to bring a water bottle and wear House colours that day.

Thursday – Moving Up Morning, children line up and register at P1 class then will be taken to their new class for the morning.

Friday – The Charity Committee have organised a Marie Curie Blooming Great Tea Party, a letter has been sent out with further information.

Due to all of these events there will be no formal homework issued next week. It might be a good opportunity for you to talk to your child about the move to their new class.

2 thoughts on “P1R news”

1. Another busy week in P1 – Well done to James and Ephraim who participated so confidently in the RRS meeting this week. I am very much looking forward to seeing you all participating in sports day this week.

2. What a great week P1R, we’ll done to everyone for helping to write the blog! Well done James and Ephraim for representing your classmates 😊