Awesome P3 – Masterchef!!!

FOOD AND FARMING

As part of our Food and Farming topic, the children have decided they would like to experiment with some cooking and trying some healthy creations.  Yesterday we made a vegetarian rice dish, which is a traditional recipe from Honduras.  Most of the class thought they would not like it, as we put in mushrooms, but I was so pleasantly surprised to see everyone being so open minded to trying new things and having a taste.

Maliha – I really liked chopping the vegetables and being very sensible when using the knife.

Kate – I really enjoyed learning something new, I know now not to touch my face if I have been touching raw onions.

Cameron – I was surprised that I liked peppers because I never used to like them.

Ethan – I was surprised that I liked raw onions as I had never tried them before.

Sophie YM – I liked trying the vegetables because I never liked mushrooms but now I really like them with rice.

Niamh – I was a little too scared to chop the vegetables but I think I will have a go next time.

Emily – I liked watching the rice cook and the bubbles because it looked nice.

Bartosz – I liked eating the rice with the Soya Sauce becuase it was so good.

Orla – I liked the cooking because it was hard work but it was really fun and at the end it was delicious.

Richard – I liked cutting the vegetables because I had to be really careful and concentrate.

Teegan – I liked cutting the onion because it was fun using the bridge hold.

Emma – I liked trying different vegetables with the rice.

Ola – I really enjoyed pouring the water because it made a big sizzling noise and it was interesting.

The children will have the recipes home next week so have a try and hopefully you’ll enjoy it as much as we did.  I was very impressed with their chopping skills so I’m sure they’d love to help with some cooking at home. 🙂

Have a lovely long weekend, Awesome P3 & Mrs McMullen 🙂

2 thoughts on “Awesome P3 – Masterchef!!!”

1. I heard it was great fun, Sophie was really excited about this lesson. We’re looking forward to trying out the recipe at home.

1. That’s great, I was so amazed at how everyone tried it, they were all sure they didn’t like the vegetables but they all absolutely loved it! We made so much and they ate the lot, it was lovely!! Sophie was great at chopping, very confident so she’ll be a great help I’m sure 😃