Awesome P3

Another busy week for Awesome Primary 3, Term 4 fully underway and everyone has started off with a great work ethic.

We have started looking at our new topic, which will cover farming, food and our local community.  We had a visit from a local farmer, who brought lots of crops for us to look at and important information.  We learned:

Niamh – Donkeys don’t actually provide us with any food that we need but we can use them to carry heavy things and pull machinery.

Kate – We don’t actually eat cows we only eat bulls.  The cows are used for producing milk after they’ve had a calf.

Richard – The farmer only keeps dairy cows, not beef bulls.

Robbie – Cows enjoy being milked.

Lennon – Cows eat hay.

Huda – We also learned that if a farmer milks by hand they can only milk about 6 in an hour but machines can milk about 100.

Local Community Walk

Teegan – We were looking at our local community to see how the land is used.

Ola – We came home and wrote a report about our local area.

Emma – We saw the land was used for schools, house and parks.

Mathematics – Algebra

The boys and girls have worked really well this week on some simple algebra calculations, I was very impressed and they seemed to really enjoy it! 🙂

Teegan – I really enjoyed doing the take away and adding algebra because it was harder than normal sums.  I liked that we were using much bigger numbers.

Sophie R – I liked it because it was fun and easy.

Sophie YM – I liked doing the adding and taking away because it was more fun than normal sums.

Language

This week we have started to do an intensive Spanish course.  We started off with greetings in Spanish and the days of the week and months of the year.

Cameron – I liked finding the Spanish days of the week in the wordsearch.

If you wish to practise:

Los dias del semana

Monday – lunes

Tuesday – martes

Wedenesday – miercoles

Thursday – jueves

Friday – viernes

Saturday – sabado

Sunday – domingo

Los meses del ano

enero, febrero, marzo, abril, mayo, junio, julio, agosto, septiembre, octubre, noviembre y diciembre

Happy weekend – Feliz fin de semana.  Remember no school or Sumdog club on Monday, Thanks Mrs McMullen