Primary 6 Weekly News!

It’s been a busier week than usual in Primary 6! We spent our first two days at Low Port and everyone had a fantastic time! The children all tried their best and got stuck in to all the activities. They were all excellently behaved and the staff at Low Port were very impressed with everyone, especially their fantastic listening skills.

Yesterday we continued with our outdoor theme and took our lessons outside.  We completed some measuring tasks in our groups and work on converting between mm, cm, m and km. Today we had our first swimming lesson.  Everyone tried their best again and we have already seen improvement due to lots of hard work and focus.

Everyone had lots to say about our week! Here is a selection of our class comments and some of our Low Port photos (there are more on Facebook).

Ciara – This week we were at camp and we did canoeing.  It was fun! Deacon fell in and we could not stop laughing.  We all ended up walking into the water and Mr McCurdy dropped Amera in!

Isabel – We all loved Low Port and today we all went swimming.  Mr McCurdy assessed our swimming lesson and we had lots of fun in the pool.

Erwin – On Thursday we went outside for PE and played Rounders.  It was different from normal rounders, it was really hard but fun!

Rayn – I enjoyed the sailing at Low Port, it was very interesting anf fun.

Aliza – This week we went swimming and it was so fun.  We all got to have fun and get comfortable in the water at our own level.

Ben – We all had great fun at Low Port.  I think the canoeing was the best.

Emily – I have really enjoyed this week.  We have done a lot of sports at Low Port and swimming.  I really enjoyed canoeing and sailing.

Emma – Today we got our break during swimming.  I played with a swimming noodle, it was awesome!

Declan – I enjoyed Low Port because we got to go sailing and canoeing and we played a huge game of capture the flag beside the palace.

I’m sure everyone will be tired after such a sporty week! Have a nice relaxing weekend.

4 thoughts on “Primary 6 Weekly News!”

1. Your camp looked absolutely fantastic and I hope to come with you next year when your all in P7. Your instructors all praised your excellent behaviour and team spirit – Well done P6!!

2. Erin had a fantastic time at camp and enjoyed all the activities, except the ‘worm’ incident Mr McCurdy!! (Ha ha) Thanks to all the staff who went along and made the trip so enjoyable.

3. What an amazing week you have all had with Low Port at the beginning of the week and swimming at the end! I’m sure you’ll all have been really tired on Friday night! The spooky walk sounded like great fun (but a bit scary too!) 🙂

4. I loved it especially sailing because it was fun but Oscar and aaron fell in and it was freezing. I also liked canoeing because we got to play games and Deacon fell in aswell so Anna banana the teacher had to pull him in . I LOVED IT. IT WAS FUN AND WE NEED TO GO AGAIN.