Primary 6 Weekly News

We have managed to pack lots in to our last week of term.

On Monday we were able to go outside for both numeracy and RE.  In Numeracy the children were working in groups to create their own problems to work out averages.  They all proved to be very energetic, a theme that continued throughout our week.

In RE we used our drama and role play skills to act out scenes from the Bible.  We filmed them and played them back to the class – they were all excellent!

We have been working hard to improve our fitness this term and the bleep test and fitness class this week really showed just how hard you have all been working – well done!!

I was also very impressed with our writing lesson this week.  The pupils were asked to create a leaflet promoting the Rights of the Child.  This highlighted just how much work you have all put in and how passionate you are about ensuring equal rights for all – we are all very proud!

Have a look at our photos from some of our outdoor activities this week, followed by our pupil comments.

Aliza- this week we got to see our buddies! We also done the bleep test in p.e . We have also been learning Spanish phrases and words everyday.

Declan-This week we were learning about the rights of the child and made leaflets about it in writing.

Erwin – This week on Monday, we had a spelling test, we also did fitness with Miss Mc Cormack on Thursday. It was hardish !!!!!

Nicola-Today Mrs Black and Mrs Craig are leaving, we were upset that they are leaving but they were on the wall or hall of fame.

Emma-This week we went to see our buddie! My buddy is called Abigail people say I look like her as well.  Today Mrs Craig and Mrs Black are leaving L

Rugare- This week we had the Ninian’s Natter and a bake sale; the cakes looked delicious J

Emily- this week we got to meet our buddies!!!! And mine is called Victoria we met them on Monday. Today we had an achievement assembly, also Mrs Craig and Mrs Black left.

Neave- this week we had French with Mrs Howley. In  French we played lotto (bingo)there were 3 winners me –Neave, Declan and Erwin. During our bingo game we got a visit by (drum roll please )
Mrs Purdie. She played one of the games and hade 2 numbers left  to win.

Amera-this week we had reading with the p1m. We also had French with Mrs Howley.  We counted up to 30 and back down. This was a challenge.

Kieran- I was prefecting the infant area. And the rest of the week we did numeracy and Literacy.

Jennifer-today was a dress down day and after this no more school!!!!!but only for two weeks.

I hope everyone has a great time over the holidays!!
I’m looking forward to our next term, starting with our Low Port trip – please remember to bring everything you need on the first day back!!