Primary 6 News

Another packed week in Primary 6! We have finished our Time topic in Maths and all the children are more confident telling the time, using timetables and solving problems involving speed and distance.

This week the children also presented their findings on how animals use sound to communicate.  The group posters and presentations were all excellent and we have added to our knowledge about sound waves – fantastic!

Whilst watching Newsround this week we were inspired by one of the stories about using British Sign Language.  We were all very interested and used a video to help us learn the alphabet.  It was great to see everyone trying their best to learn this and helping each other to remember some of the tricky letters! If you would like to try this, here is the video we watched:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zfc2alj8ks

Here are some of our comments about our learning this week, as always it’s great to have a class full of enthusiastic learners.

Amera-this week we had to do 2 division sheets. We also had PE and in PE we worked on the ropes and we were working on our abs, core and thighs. We also got buddies and my buddy is Seren.

Erin-on Friday we had our committees.

Kieran- this week we did the junior writing contest.

Shiv – this week we used the ropes for PE.

Jennifer-this week we used the ropes in PE and I climbed them by myself twice. We learned sign language and it was so fun, I now know the whole alphabet in sign language and can say anything I want.

Emma-This week in PE we did more on the ropes and hockey, I personally love hockey so much!

Emily- this week we did more ropes for PE and it was so fun but really hard to do certain things. Some of us found out who our buddy is going to be!

Aliza- this week we found out lots of exciting information about our overnight stay at Low Port! Some of us also found out our buddies! This week I loved doing hockey!

Mia So- This week we had  a Low Port meeting , and chose what we would have for lunch and who we might like to share a room with. My buddy is called Kayla .

Rugare- This week we got told who our buddies will be, my buddy is called Blake.

2 thoughts on “Primary 6 News”

1. The ropes are a big hit this week. You must all have good strength to do some of these skills. How lovely that you are going to meet your buddies soon. It seems like only yesterday that you were all in nursery yourselves! The boys and girls in the nursery will be very excited to meet you all.

2. Erin enjoyed the rope work in PE and was really pleased with herself when she could perform some of the skills. She certainly doesn’t get her skills from her mum!! Camp and buddies have been the hot topic of discussion in our house this week, exciting times ahead for P6!!!