Awesome P3

Another busy week in Primary 3!

Sacrament of Reconciliation

Pupils from P2/3 and P3  paid a visit to St Philip’s chapel on Thursday for their Sacrament of Reconciliation rehearsal. Some of the children have been a little worried about the format so it was really helpful to have the opportunity beforehand to go along. All of the children have worked really hard completing their Sacramental lessons in school as well as their homework tasks. They know their prayers and the hymns well, so we have been reassuring the children not to worry about anything at all!

Cameron – I liked getting the chance to go into the little room where I will make my First Confession – it means I don’t need to worry about it.

Robbie – I liked going to St Philip’s yesterday for our practice because I was able to ask Fr Kenneth questions.

Writing

Niamh – in writing this week we continued to write about our Egyptian adventure with our imaginary Egyptian girl (Akila) or Egyptian boy (Abasi).

Teegan – we had to write about what happened in our adventure.

Emily – I enjoyed writing about getting lost and getting found again.

Emma – Our adventure had to have a problem and the problem had to get solved because that is what happens in real stories! I am very proud of my handwriting this week.

Sophie YM – I enjoyed thinking about the place my story started in.

Cameron, Michael & Richard – we liked uplevelling our sentences so they could be longer and more interesting.

Maths

Richard – I worked in a group to make a jigsaw of big numbers that went up in 10s.

Teegan – I liked having to make my own sums that added ten to numbers. It helped me show what I have learned.

Sophie – I have liked skip counting in 2s, 5s and 10s. It has been fun learning to link my times tables with dividing.

Topic

We were learning about Ancient Egyptian Gods and we had to write facts about them.

Roots of Empathy

Primary 3 could see that it won’t be long before Kelsey is walking on her own as she is using her baby walker!

Robbie asked Kelsey’s mummy if she liked someone to walk with her by holding her two hands but Kelsey likes it better when she uses her baby walker.

Primary 3 were able to talk about all the things that Kelsey can’t do yet such as talking in sentences or using a knife and fork. They noticed that Kelsey likes to make her own choices when playing. They were also amazed that Kelsey could remember where the toys had been hidden under the blanket because she looked for them later on.

Kelsey also likes to eat the same food as mum and dad. Eating food with her fingers is her favourite. Ethan asked if Kelsey liked toast and her mummy said yes! We got to see Kelsey’s reaction to trying green peppers for the first time!

She likes to be cuddled by dad and then by mum, turning it into a game.

Cameron asked if Kelsey is able to climb up the stairs yet and her mummy said she is allowed to do one step just now but she definitely wants to climb up all of them!

Have a lovely weekend from Mrs Scott and Primary 3.

5 thoughts on “Awesome P3”

1. Another busy and exciting week Awesome P3. I’m feeling very excited about seeing you all tomorrow and sharing in your special Sacrament of Reconciliation. Mrs McMullen 😃

2. Sophie feels ready and well prepared to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation – thanks to Mrs Scott and Mrs McMullen for all their support!
    Sophie is feeling more confident in skip counting and enjoyed the sumdog homework challenge this week.

3. Orla is excited and a little nervous about her Sacrament of Reconciliation today! Thank you Mrs Scott and Mrs McMullen for all the support and preparation 💕
    I can’t wait to read Orla’s Egyptian adventure!!! 😍 Sounds exciting!

4. It was a privilege to be part of the special Primary 3 Sacrament of Reconciliation yesterday. Well done boys and girls – you remembered everything very well and were a credit to your families and St Ninian’s!

Primary 3 will be editing their Egyptian adventures this week – just like real authors do! So far they have described the setting, the character, the problem and how the problem got solved – they should be very proud!
    Mrs Scott

5. Thank you so much Mrs Scott and Mrs McMullen for preparing our children so well for their Sacrament of Reconciliation. Michael and Richard really enjoyed their morning and were very well prepared. The children all did a great job and sang so beautifully, a lovely morning.