Primary 5 Weekly News

This week has been very exciting as our classroom has been freshly painted and it looks fantastic! We have all worked very hard and here are some of our comments:

Rebecca: This week we were working in the Hub because our classroom was getting painted dark purple and grey.

Bea: On Monday we met our new Deputy Head teacher and her name is Mrs Smith.  We love her very much and we will welcome her into our St. Ninian’s family!

Bea: In P.E. on Thursday people came in from The James Young high School to teach us basketball in preparation for the tournament.

Gaby: Our basketball tournament is coming up and we are very excited!

Vanessa: On Thursday we had our P.E with two basketball players and it was really fun because we played lots of fun games with them!!!!

Grace: Yesterday we made little balls the size of marbles for science.

Maxx: On Thursday we designed and created boats out of tin foil and we got playdough balls and put them inside the boats to see if they would sink or float.

Taylor: On Thursday we did a science experiment where we made boats out of tin foil and we used play dough and shaped them into marble- shapes and we had to see if the boat would sink and how much play dough we could put in. It was sooooo fun!!!!!!!

Louise: During the week we were in the hub doing Science and we were learning about rust. Into four separate jars we put tap water, boiled water, salty water, dry air and silica gel to see which ones would rust.

Kerrigan: Next week we will be doing spontaneous talks but we will not have to research in order to prepare for the talk because they are about topics we already know about.  For example, we could talk about animals or about our family.

Isla: We’re in the middle of reading our Class novel called The Desperate Journey, it’s a really interesting book!

Chi-Chi: In Drama we were doing a game called Hot Seating where you had to act like a character from The Desperate Journey and express their feelings.

Rebecca: We were preparing ourselves for the Young Writer of the Year competition and we all chose our best piece of written work.

Lorena and Beth: For our topic we have been making Black houses from shoe boxes it was a lot of fun.

Have a great weekend!

Primary 5 and Mrs Reeves

2 thoughts on “Primary 5 Weekly News”

1. Another great week! Ive heard your newly painted classroom looks fab! Good luck to you all for the basketball tournament next week! 🍀💚💛

2. Lovely blog post P5. I am so happy to read that you like your newly painted classroom. It’s only fair that you learn in a fresh, bright room. I know you will take good care of it too.

You have been working hard to prepare for your basketball tournament. I can’t wait to hear how get on next week. Remember that important school value – teamwork!

The Desperate Journey was one of my favourite novels when I was your age. I’d love to pop up when you are reading it and to share the story with you all.

Good luck with your talks – I know that your class will have no problem talking confidently about any subject!