Little Blog by Primary 2

Ava creatively thought up the name of our blog this week, well done Ava! 🙂

We have continued to learn about our 2 times table. When completing 2 times table calculations we have noticed that if you add 2 to each answer you will find the next answer.

Ahmad- “The answers go up in twos.”

On Friday we completed our big maths beat that tests. We are trying really hard to get full marks in our learn its and CLIC test so that we can move up a level.

We are enjoying our smart starts; here we are completing our literacy smart start in the morning. Each table had a different activity to complete.

Lennon- My group had to build a sentence with the cards, we had to read the sentence to check that it made sense.”

Julia-“ At my group we worked in pairs or trios, one person asked the other to read one of the tricky words we then covered it and they had to try and spell the tricky word. We peer assessed each other.”

Ryan-“Our group completed tricky word word searches.”

Zoe- “My group played the tricky word popcorn game for smart start.”

img_6772img_6767img_6769img_6770

This week was Catholic Education week at school, we wrote Community of Faith recipes in writing. Our recipes included the ingredients, equipment and instructions. Also in our recipes we included the people who are part of a community of faith, the qualities of those people and important symbols in the Catholic Faith.

If you check out our twitter page you will be able to read some of the children reading their recipes. @StNiniansPS
img_6778

To go along with our recipes we drew pictorial representations of what we think is included in a Community of Faith.

img_6775

On Thursday Father Kenneth came to visit us for a whole school assembly.

Wojciech- “Father Kenneth told us all about his trip to Jerusalem and the journey of Jesus.”

We all prayed together and sang hymns.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend from primary 2 and Miss Boyes!

2 thoughts on “Little Blog by Primary 2”

1. A great name for your blog! Little but wonderful still the same.
    Lots of our school values being thought about in your lessons this week P2.

It was fantastic to see and hear your community of faith recipes. Thank you for sharing them with us! They were written and read beautifully. If you are coming along to our special Mass on Sunday you might just hear me mention your recipes!!!

2. Well done to P2 – it sounds like you’re working your socks off! I love reading all about the things you have been doing in school. I especially liked the sound of your community of faith recipes. What a lovely idea!